I wanted to make a healthier crust for the cheesecake. As a lot of the times it is the crust to the dessert that adds the extra calories.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp of light butter
- 1 tbsp of agave nectar
- Pre-heat oven to 180
- Place almonds and oat in food processor and blend until turns into flour
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until all is combined
- Place in cake tin and press all in firmly
- Place in oven until brown (about 10 minutes)
- Remove and let cool
- 500g light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sweetener
- finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind together until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined. Add lemon juice and agave. Beat for 1 minute.Pour mixture into cool crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until filling is just set (mixture may wobble slightly in centre, but will firm on standing). Cool in oven with door slightly ajar. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold.