- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, (about 2 bunches)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Combine water and bulgur in a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil, remove from heat, cover and let stand until the water is absorbed and the bulgur is tender, 25 minutes or according to package directions. If any water remains, drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 15 minutes. Or an easier way is place bulgur wheat in bowl and cover with boiling water then let stand until water has been absorbed.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber and scallions to the bulgur. Add the dressing and toss. Serve at room temperature or chill for at least 1 hour to serve cold.