Twin at university is feeling sick and when your feeling sick you definitely do not want the hassle of cooking, cleaning, chores, etc hence as she has me right up the road who is better to take care of you then family. I made her a nice warm dinner so she has no hassle when she comes back from uni. All her days work can be put aside and when she came back dinner was ready and waiting.
- chopped onions
- ghee/butter/olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- mixed herbs
- vegetables (here i used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, Shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 box kidney beans
- 1 box chopped tomatoes
This recipe one can literally through whatever that needs to be used in. It too can easily be adjusted to taste, if you want it spicier think of adding some chillies.
- Heat up ghee in a deep dish pot.
- Saute the onions, garlic and spices until onions are tender.
- Add the quinoa and toast for a minute
- Add the water and then let it simmer until water has been absorbed by the quinoa
- Add the kidney beans and chopped tomatoes, let simmer until thickens and everything is well combined.
- Ready to serve and all done in one pot! Mess free… hassle free!
Can be paired with loads of things, or even left on its on. Serve with rice, top it off with cheese, Crème fraîche, sour cream, etc.