What a wonderfully healthy and delicious soup! It is such a versatile recipe, you can sauté the onions and garlic, but for me as a university student I have to save time so i avoided sautéing them and just blend them all together so i omit the olive oil.
Soup nourishes the body, especially when it’s chock-full of metabolism-boosting, detoxifying nutrients like this creamy vegan broccoli soup
This warm comforting spice is a great detoxifier and cleanser for the body. Nutmeg improves both appetite and digestion.
This nutrias vegetable should be included in everyones diet on a daily basis. Broccoli is a member of the cruciferous family, which studies have shown to be effective in fighting cancer. Sulphur compounds found in broccoli stimulate the production of anti -cancer enzymes which prevent the growth of tumours and inhibits the growth of existing ones.
1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
350g broccoli, chopped (use both the stems and florets)
(If you wish to sauté 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil)
100g onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
60 ml creme fraiche
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add broccoli, onions, nutmeg, and garlic, then reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender
- (If you wanted to sauté the garlic and onion to add a richer flavour at this point heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the onions a and garlic and cook until tender)
- Combine the onions and garlic into the broth.
- Remove from heat and cool for few minutes.
- Place in blender and puree until smooth
- Stir in the creme fraiche (or other sort of creamer)
- Serve hot. Makes two servings.