Fancy doing an impressive dessert that will definitely please the crowd but do not want to spend hours in the kitchen. A rich and creamy baked cheesecake will certainly do the job. This is the classic recipe for a baked cheesecake that is a rich and creamy vanilla taste to it followed by the nice crunch of a simple biscuit base.
- 150 g biscuit crumbs (I used nice biscuits)
- 50 g butter
- 400 g cream cheese (full fat)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 40 g plain flour
- 150 ml soured cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 170⁰ C.
- In a food processor mix together the butter and biscuit crumbs.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of a pie tin and chill whilst preparing the filling.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just blended.
- Stir in the flour, soured cream and vanilla extract.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Chill completely before serving.