This is a very simple recipe that is a great way to use up bananas. Banana muffins make a great snack for children after school. They are so easy to make and freeze well too. These muffins are light and fluffy, they are great for breakfast with a nice fruit smoothie or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea
230 grams (1 3/4 cups) self raising flour
150 grams (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
113 grams (1/2 cup) melted unsalted butter
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Line your muffin tins with paper liners
- In one bowl combine your flour, sugar & salt.
- In another combine your eggs, butter, mashed bananas & vanilla.
- Now combine one bowl into the other and gently fold together. You want your batter to be thoroughly mixed, but still lumpy (A smooth batter makes horrible banana bread)
- Divide your mixture between your cases
- And bake for 12-15 mins or until when a knife comes out clean from the centre of the muffins