Who is a cookie addicted… well was playing with a few recipes this weekend and here they are. I wanted to do a classic and something different. Cookies I find quite easy to do and I know they always satisfy people’s sweet tooth. They are perfect as a dessert with a glass of milk, I mean who couldn’t be happy with that.
White Chocolate Chip
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- Bag of white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In bowl beat together the butter and all the types of sugars on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn speed to low then gradually add in eggs and vanilla.
- Once well blended add in salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chunks.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper and form dough into desire size, placing few inches apart on sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes (depending on size) until golden around edges. Don’t over bake no one likes burnt cookies
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for few minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
I took inspiration from the very talented Chocolate Covered Katie Blog ( http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com). Mine were a bit different and I made few mistakes, mine were too big they bake a lot bigger then what they appear raw. So when making the discs if they look too small that is ok they will expand. I also did not roll in sugar at the end, people already started grabbing for them right when the emerged from the oven.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tsp milk of choice
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
Directions for the filling
Combine 2 tbsp powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons cream cheese-style spread beat well, then set aside.
Directions for the cookies
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir until all incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the liquid ingredients and stir.
- Pour wet into dry and with a wooden spoon mix until it forms a dough.
- With your hands roll into 20 (10 cookies) mini cookie dough balls, then flatten each into discs
- Place the filling in only half of the flat discs and put the other discs on top close the sides, then roll into balls.
- Lay on baking tray and cook 11 minutes (may look a little underdone, but will set soon enough)
- Allow cookies to cool before transferring to wire rack.