Want a traditional chocolate chip muffin. Here is a perfect recipe that does not make a lot of mess and easy to whip up for your family or friends.
“Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed, it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart.”
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liner.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined.
- Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together with a wooden spoon. Avoid over-mixing.
- Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be VERY thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 425F degrees for 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 and continue to bake for 25-26 minutes (depending on size) until tops are lightly golden and appear set (when knife inserted in centre comes out clean).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before enjoying.