“I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.”
Are you craving some pasta tonight, but trying to watch your carbs, on a diet, or need a gluten free dish? Well courgette noodles (or Zucchini noodles) is such a quick and extremely healthy meal where you can have “noodles” on the table in no time.
Here is what you need to make the basic courgette noodles, it is so versatile; you do not need to add a protein source, you can switch up what protein you use (turkey, beef, lamb,etc.), or make it vegetarian.
- 3 medium Courgette/ Zucchini
- Mince (beef, turkey, etc.)
- Maggi liquid seasoning (can use whatever you want to cook your mince)
- Mixed herbs
- Mushrooms (can omit or add whatever you want to the sauce)
- chopped garlic
- passata sieved tomatoes
- Cook the onions, garlic and mushrooms
- Then add and cook the protein source if using with desire seasoning
- Decide whether or not to peel the zucchini. For something a little more colourful keep the peel on. Keeping the zucchini peel on also has health benefits. Primarily, the peel offers extra fibre, and dietary fiber can help regulate your digestive system. Use a vegetable peeler/julienne slicer/spiral vegetable cutter/ cheese grater to start making noodles.
- Choose whether to cook the zucchini noodles or eat them raw. Zucchini noodles can be enjoyed raw in salads or on their own, but you can also boil, sautéed, or even microwave them to make them more tender and more reminiscent of actual pasta. If you decide you want to cook them can throw them into the meat once it is cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce
- Cook until everything is warm and noodles are to desire texture.
No fancy tools required. So there is no excuse to not being able to eat healthy. With these Basic Zucchini Noodles, you’ve got the base for a super comforting, noodle-icious meal.