“The power of imagination makes us infinite.” ~John Muir
Tonight are you looking to bite into good old-fashioned homemade goodness… why not try a classic oatmeal cookies. You’ll need to find just the right combo of … this recipe is just right.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and raisins.
- I used an ice cream scooper then divided it in half as I did not want giant cookies onto cookie sheets (which i lined with parchment paper to make less mess)
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes (depending on desire- if you want a crunchier or softer cookie and the size of your cookie dough).
- Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack and let them set.