I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.
– Robin Williams
Always surround yourself with things you love to do, life is way to short to be wasted and we should enjoy every second as if it were our last. Whenever I’m in the kitchen cooking or baking for people I get an overwhelming thrill in what Im doing. Hours can pass and it will feel only like seconds. There are many times where I have failed or things don’t go right, but what I’ve learnt is that they are only ingredients just pick yourself up again and go for it again.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (more or less depending on preference)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combined together flour, cocoa powder, cornflour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl whip together butter, sugar and vinegar fluffy
- Mix in the egg and add the vanilla plus the red food colouring into the mix until blended
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine.
- Mix in white chocolate chips (I mixed in most of the white chocolate chips then once I made the dough into individual balls I placed white chocolate chips on top
- Bake in preheated oven 9 – 11 minutes or until desired texture (my family prefer it softer rather then a crunchy cookie).
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool.