They are easy to make and are really ‘melt in the mouth’ tasty. These biscuits are easy to make and ideal for sharing. These biscuits are heaven on a plate! Easy to make but hard to stay away from! Are similar to an extremely short shortbread. The wonderfully fine-textured biscuit melts in the mouth while the smooth, velvety chocolate adds a silky richness to this classic biscuit.
- 200g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g self raising flour
- milk/plain/dark/white(depending on preference) chocolate -enough to dip each side of the biscuit
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 360°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease/ Line with baking paper a large baking trays
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until soft and creamy (few minutes)
- Gradually incorporate the flour and mix until a fairly stiff dough is formed
- Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe approx 24 fingers each 6cm (2 1/2 inches long) directly onto the baking sheets (leave space for them to expand)
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until light brown (DONT over bake, burn easily)
- Leave to cool and let set (if move to earlier will break) then gently lift them off the baking sheet onto a wire tray to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate into a microwaveable bowl and microwave on full power for 1 minute or until melted
- Dip the ends of the biscuit in the chocolate and transfer onto baking paper to set.